|
|
With estimates already revised lower across nine sectors and the S&P still trading above its 5- and 10-year average forward P/E, this earnings season has more ways to go wrong than the headline growth number suggests. Our partners at StockEarnings have put together a free eBook walking through how to weigh guidance, analyst expectations, and post-report price action before the numbers even hit. Get the Earnings Season eBook here.
|
Quick thought before the next wave of reports: the Fed stayed on hold, February CPI came in at 2.4%, and the Fed said developments in the Middle East make the outlook uncertain. That kind of backdrop can punish anyone trading earnings on headlines alone, so see the earnings setup I'm watching here.
Analysts still expect Q1 earnings growth of 12.5%, but estimates have already been revised lower in nine sectors, and the S&P 500 is trading above its 5-year and 10-year average forward P/E. If you want the pre-report checklist I use before a company reports, read the earnings playbook here.
Inside the eBook, I walk through how I weigh guidance, expectations, and the first reaction after the numbers hit, so I'm not trying to improvise after the move begins. Take a look at the framework I use here.
No one gets every quarter right. But having a process can help you avoid the costly mistakes that show up every earnings season. Get the Earnings Season eBook here.
(By clicking this link you agree to receive emails from StockEarnings and our affiliates. You can opt out at any time. Privacy Policy.)
To smart investing,
Hiral Ghelani
Founder & CEO, StockEarnings, Inc.
By clicking the link above, you will get this free report and a free subscription to Stock Earnings daily email newsletter. You are also agreeing to the terms of our privacy policy. Unsubscribe at any time.
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment